- An early spring for Stramilano number 46
- The kenyan gazelles left the mark at the Stramilano Half Marathon
- Another record for Stramilano: more than 7.000 people will attend the 42th half marathon
- Stramilano: a run in a party and solidarity spirit
- Half Marathon: check your registration
- Stramilano is coming! Are you ready for spring?
- Re-charge your energy with Parmigiano Reggiano
- Face the challenge of the Stramilano Half Marathon!
An early spring for Stramilano number 46
An anticipation of the spring season accompanied more than 60.000 runners that this morning in Duomo square, at 9.00 am, were lining up to run the Stramilano 2017.
The 46th edition of the most famous Italian running competition started after the traditional cannon shot of the “Voloire” Horse Artillery. Roberta Guaineri, Milan’s Sports Assessor and Antonio Rossi, Sports Assessor representing Lombardy Region, took part at the event and encouraged the participants highlighting the values of fun and sharing that have always distinguished Stramilano.
At 9.30 am, always from Duomo square, it has started the Stramilanina, dedicated to the youngest and the children, while the Stramilano Half Marathon started, from Castello square, at 11.00 am with more than 7.000 either national or international runners.
The testimonial of the Stramilano 2017 was Giusy Versace, the European bronze and silver Paralympic athlete 2016, who took part at the event together with here association Disabled No Limits Onlus.
At the end of the three races all the runners have been hosted at the Civic Arena “Gianni Brera” for sharing a moment of fun and relax before the start of the award ceremony.
The 46th edition of the run has been dedicated to Fabio Cappello, the young runner who passed away last year at the end of the Stramilano Half Marathon: all together #letsrunforfabio.
The event saw the participation of 5 carabineers of the skydivers team of Livorno who threw themselves from an AB412 elycopter of the Volpiano core and land in the middle of the Civic Arena.
Watch the photo gallery!