- An early spring for Stramilano number 46
- The kenyan gazelles left the mark at the Stramilano Half Marathon
- Another record for Stramilano: more than 7.000 people will attend the 42th half marathon
- Stramilano: a run in a party and solidarity spirit
- Half Marathon: check your registration
- Stramilano is coming! Are you ready for spring?
- Re-charge your energy with Parmigiano Reggiano
- Face the challenge of the Stramilano Half Marathon!
Another record for Stramilano: more than 7.000 people will attend the 42th half marathon
March 17th 2017 – Stramilano Half Marathon 2017 Press Conference
This morning in the Radetzky hall of Palazzo Cusani took place the press conference of the 42° edition of Stramilano Half Marathon: a record edition with more than 7.000 participants.
The date is settled on Sunday march 19th at 11.00 am at Piazza Castello, that will be the start of the 21,097 km that will see challenging both foreign and Italian athletes.
The conference opened with the speeches of the General Michele Cittadella, Giulio Gallera of Lombardia Region, Roberta Guainieri of Milan Municipality, Giovanni Mauri President of the Regional Committee Fidal, Oreste Perri, President of Lombardia CONI, and Giusy Versace the paralympic athlete testimonial of the race.
All of them highlighted how Stramilano is not only a moment of joy and aggregation for the City, but also an important opportunity for integration, in which everyone can self-test through sport.
During the conference the bibs have been given to athletes and personalities of this edition: the Kenyan Paul Kamais Robeio, the Moroccan Mustapha El Aziz and the Italian Daniele Meucci.
For female category there were the Italian Anna Incerti and Elena Romagnoli and the Kenyan Ruth Chepngetich, definitely ready for the Sunday challenge.
Also for this year the goal is to beat the event record, the 59’12’’ got last year by the Kenyan athlete James Mwanjii Wangari and only beaten at worldwide level by Samuel Wnjiru in Rotterdam in 2005.