- An early spring for Stramilano number 45
- The Kenyan gazelles leave their mark at the Stramilano Half Marathon
- Spring is coming, run with Stramilano!
- Half Marathon: here we are!
- Record edition for Stramilano: 6.800 people will attend the 41st Half Marathon
- Stramilano: a race in the DNA of Milan!
- HALF MARATHON: find your bib number
- Half Marathon: register yourself with 27 euro until 1 February
- Online registration open for the Stramilano Half Marathon 2016
Record edition for Stramilano: 6.800 people will attend the 41st Half Marathon
Stramilano Half Marathon 2016 Press Conference
This morning in the Radetzky hall of Palazzo Cusani took place the press conference of the 41sh edition of Stramilano Half Marathon: a record edition with more than 6.800 participants.
The date is settled on Sunday march 20th at 11.00 am at Piazza Castello, that will be the start of the 21,097 km that will see challenging both foreign and Italian athletes.
The conference opened with the speeches of colonel Domenico Di Rosalia, Giulio Gallera, Lombardia Region, Maria Grazia Vanni President of Regional Committee Fidal and Oreste Perri, President of Lombardia CONI; all of them highlighted how Stramilano is not only a moment of joy and aggregation for the City, but also an important opportunity for integration, in which everyone can self-test through sport.
During the conference the bibs have been given to athletes and personalities of this edition: the winner of the two past editions Thomas Lokomwa, that firmly hope in “Good things come in threes”; his compatriots Victor Chumo, James Wangari, Paul Kariuki Mwangi, Wilson Too, Amos Kurgat and the Italian Yassine Rachik who got the third place last year.
For female category there were Viola Jelagat, Hellen Jepkurgat e Mary Wanjohi, definitely ready for the Sunday challenge.
Also for this year the goal is to beat the event record, the historical 59’17’’ got by the Kenyan athlete Paul Targat in 1998 and only beaten at worldwide level by Samuel Wnjiru in Rotterdam in 2005.