How to register
Stramilano Half Marathon 2020 – 21.097 km
Start 10.30 a.m. at Piazza Castello
Below, in summary, the information about how to register. Before proceeding with the registration, please read carefully the complete “Regulations“.
1. CATEGORIES THAT CAN REGISTER:
1) italian and foreign athletes who are members of clubs affiliated with FIDAL and compete in the “Juniors”, “Promising Talents” and “Seniors” categories (including the “Senior Masters” category);
2) foreign athletes who are members of foreign federations affiliated with World Athletics (formerly known as the International Association of Athletics Federations – IAAF) and in possession of their registration document:
– foreign athletes from the EU who are authorized by their federation or with a self-certification that bears witness to their membership;
– foreign athletes not from the EU who are authorized by their federation or with a self-certification that bears witness to their membership, and are in possession of an Italian “Permit to Stay” or an entry visa.
N.B. Athletes members of a foreign Federation affiliated with World Athletics, who are not registered by their Federation or Club, must sign a self-certification that bears witness to their membership.
3) italian and foreign athletes who are members of a club affiliated to a Sports Promotion Body (in athletics) approved by FIDAL for the 2020 season, with an Italian Runcard EPS. They must be at least 20 years old (2000) and in possession of a Runcard EPS and of a medical certificate for competitive athletics.
4) italian and foreign athletes, who reside in Italy, in possession of a Runcard Standard. They must be at least 20 years old (2000) and in possession of a Runcard Standard released by FIDAL (firstname.lastname@example.org) and of a medical certificate for competitive athletics.
5) italian and foreign athletes, who do not reside in Italy, in possession of a Runcard Standard. They must be at least 20 years old (2000) and in possession of a Runcard Standard released by FIDAL (email@example.com) and of a medical certificate for competitive athletics.
IMPORTANT – Both the Runcard and the medical certificate must be valid on the day of the race. The participation shall nevertheless be subject to the presentation of a medical certificate for competitive athletics that is valid in Italy. Foreign athletes can present a medical certificate issued in their own country, as long as it complies with the diagnostic tests required by the Italian law. The original certificate, with signature and print of the certifying Doctor, must be shown to the event organisers.
6) italian and foreign athletes who are members of FISPES (the Italian Paralympic Sport Association) according to FIDAL/FISPES protocol.
Since November 2019, simultaneously to the competitive Stramilano Half Marathon, it is now possible to organize a non-competitive race, not under the aegis of FIDAL, only for foreigners (without membership and medical certificate) with tourist-sporting goals.
Participants in this non-competitive race must register themselves online, completing and signing an original liability waiver form. They will start from a separate starting grid and, at the end of the race, they will be listed in a alphabetical order of arrival, with their times, distinct from the Official Stramilano Half-Marathon ranking.
IMPORTANT- WHO CANNOT PARTICIPATE TO THE RACE:
– athletes with RUNCARD Mountain & Trail;
– athletes who are members of Sports Promotion Bodies recognized by CONI (the Italian Olympic Association) but not approved by FIDAL;
– athletes who are members of other Sport Federations (for example: Triathlon, cycling, etc.);
– athletes with “hand bike”, weelchair, stroller or any other wheeled vehicle.
THERE ARE NO FURTHER CRITERIA FOR PARTICIPATION
2. WHERE, WHEN
The Event Organizer may, at its sole discretion, anticipate the closing of registrations or accept registrations after the scheduled closing dates. Registrations will not be accepted on the day of the event.
3. HOW MUCH
Individual registration fees
€ 27,00 – until 7 January 2020
€ 32,00 – from 8 to 31 January 2020
€ 37,00 – from 1st of February to 29 February 2020
€ 42,00 – from 1st of March to 18 March 2020.
Club registration fees
Clubs that are affiliated with FIDAL or a FIDAL-approved Sports Promotion Body (with Runcard EPS), that register a minimum of eight athletes in the on-line designated area, can take advantage of the following reduced fee pro-athlete:
€ 27,00 – until 20 February 2020
€ 37,00 – from 21 February to 16 March 2020.
Registration is free for FISPES athletes. Please, write us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
- credit card
- bank transfer (until the 14 of March 2020).
IMPORTANT: the registration fee will not be refunded in any circumstances or for any reason. Until 12 March 2020, athletes who are unable to take part to the Stramilano Half Marathon and who have not collected their race pack yet, following the appropriate online procedure and paying the secretariat fees of € 10,00, can ask, alternatively:
- to transfer their registration to another athlete. When registrations are transferred, new participants who are replacing other athletes must provide the documents required for their category;
- to postpone their registration fee for the Stramilano 2021. The following year the athlete must contact Stramilano to update his/her registration.
Registrations of athletes who do not collect their race packs by 9:30 am on March 22th 2020 will be cancelled.
4. COLLECTING BIBS AND RACE PACKS
At the Stramilano Centre, near the cathedral in Milan:
– from 19 to 21 March 2020, between 10 am and 8 pm;
– only on Saturday 21 March 2020, athletes who register themselves between 15 and 18 March 2020;
– also on Sunday 22 March 2020, between 7:30 am and 9:30 am, only registered athletes who reside outside the Province of Milan and are unable to collect their race packs and bibs on the above-mentioned dates. To avoid any unfortunate misunderstandings, their actual place of residence will be checked.
It is also possible for athletes to delegate one of the following people to collect their race packs and bibs:
– a sports club representative, who must provide a photocopy of a passport/identity card for each athlete along with a declaration from the president of the club stating that the athlete has full membership for the year 2020;
– a delegate chosen by the athlete, who must present a photocopy of the athlete’s passport/identity card, a letter of proxy and all of the documents required by the regulations.
The original copies of the certificates and membership cards required must be presented when bibs are collected.